Please use following steps to configure SAML integration for your Okta application.
SAML Configuration Steps:
- login to your okta account by admin
- Inside the menu bar choose Applications, and then choose Add Application.
- Click on Create App integration
- For Sign on method, choose SAML 2.0 and click next
- Enter app name and click next
- Login to dvsum application from owners account
a- Go to Manage account, SSO tab
b- Click on add IDP
c- download SP metadata File
d- Open this XML file in notepad
- Copy value of Location in tag “AssertionConsumerService” from XML and paste in Single Sign On URL field
- Copy value of entityID from XML and paste it in Audience URI(SP entity ID) field
- Select EmailAddress in name ID format
- Select Email in Application username
- Under ATTRIBUTE STATEMENTS (OPTIONAL), add a statement with the following information:
a. For Name, enter this SAML attribute name “http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress” (This link is going to be the attribute while Adding IDP in Dvsum application
b. For Value, enter user.email.
- For all other settings on the page, leave them as their default values or set them according to your preferences
- Choose Next
- Choose a feedback response for Okta Support
- Choose Finish
- Go to applications and select the created app
- On the Sign On tab for your Okta app, find the Identity Provider metadata hyperlink. Right-click the hyperlink, and then copy the URL. This is going to be your IDP metadata while Adding IDP in Dvsum application
- After adding IDP you have to enable SSO and try login using your corporate email address
Assign a user to your Okta application
1- On the Assignments tab for your Okta app, for Assign, choose Assign to People.
2- Choose Assign next to the user that you want to assign.
3- Note: If this is a new account, the only option available is to choose yourself (the admin) as the user.
4- (Optional) For User Name, enter a user name, or leave it as the user's email address, if you want.
5- Choose Save and Go Back. Your user is assigned.
6- Choose Done.
For more information Click here