All information about Data Quality rules is accessible via the DvSum web user interface. But this same information is available via API as well. Accessing the data via API gives users more control over their DQ results. You can display the information in a corporate BI tool or dashboard and you can archive results for review later.
The data available corresponds to the data you see in the page Analyze Rules and is filtered based on any of the views of your rules that you define on this page.
Generate an API Key
You need to use a API Key in a header in your web services call.
- Navigate to: Administration → Manage Account → Application Security
- Click "Generate Key".
By default no API Key is available. A DvSum user with Owner privileges can generate a key.
Make an API Call
- Base URL: https://apis.dvsum.com/view/rules?view-name=
- Parameter Name: view-name
- Parameter Value: Any view of DQ Rules you have defined in DvSum. Example: "Analyze Rules" is a pre-defined view available to everyone.
- Header Key: x-api-key
- Header Value: generated in the previous step
- Example: https://apis.dvsum.com/view/rules?view-name=Analyze%20Rules
View in DvSum
Navigate to Review → Analyze Rules → [select any view]
Here we see the default view "Analyze Rules". But you may define any view to get the rules and fields that you require.
View in Postman
Set the URL, Params, and Headers. Here we see the view "Analyze Rules" selected.
Here we see the header and the successful JSON response to the GET request.