This functionality has been introduced to make it easier for users to manage their data. User will be able to create, maintain or integrate their data from a single and simple interface in our application. Also, it will ensure that data quality rules are clean and standardized. To know more about this in detail, let's get started;
Step 1 : First time configuration (Prerequisite)
- Open a machine on which SAWS is running
- Create a folder (this folder will be added in DvSum application and it will be created for first time only)
- Copy the path of this folder
- Now login to an Owner account in DvSum application. (please note that to import data in user's DB, configuration to be done from owner account)
- Go to Manage account >> Folders >> Add folder
5.2. Enter path of the folder that copied above
5.3. Select SAWS machine on which the folder is created
5.4. Hit Save button
5.5 Folder name is appearing on main manage account page
Step 2 : Go to File upload section, select the folder and upload excel file for data importing. Its basically creates template in which data to be imported.
User can also set property file as desire. Click on Properties file button and set the properties. For more details on cleansing, check the link here.
Step 3 : Now add that file as a source. Go to Manage sources section, click Add source, select 'In memory', add basic level of information. In Host information section, provide File system path (system path + File name) and save it. After saving it, click on Configure button to catalog the file.
Step 3.1 Check the box "My data has headers", select all columns and click on Add button. All the columns will be cataloged and our template as a source is added.
Step 4 : Now go back to Manage accounts >>Folders. Select the folder, Edit it and click on Import data check box.
Step 4.1 : Truncate and load (optional) >> basically will truncate the data from selected table and then load/import data in the file.
Stored procedure : User can write a procedure here which to be executed after data import.
Step 4.2 : In destination column portion, select source and table. In source column portion, select source (excel file uploaded as a template in manage sources) and table. All the destination columns will be populated under destinations section.
Step 4.3 In source section, all the columns from excel file will be appearing in drop down. You can select columns one by one or by clicking 'Auto Map' all the columns will automatically be mapped against destination columns. Once all columns are mapped, just verify if they are all mapped correctly and then Save the changes.
Step 4.4 To re-upload the file with updated data in the same folder , go back to File upload, select the folder, select updated file and upload it again. Pleased note that the file name can be different but the file template/format/columns/sheet name inside that file should not change.
Audit Trail Columns Configuration (Last Updated by and Updated on)
Step 5 : Go to profiling >> select source and table >> select the data, click Edit button and select Edit configuration. In write back parameters section, select 'Updated On' and 'Updated By' fields (audit trail columns) and Save.
Step 5.1 Now go to Data preparation section >> Select Data sets. Those 2 columns will be added there. Please not that those columns cannot be modified.
- Initially these two fields will have information about date and person who uploads the file in the first place.
- If user modify any data/record in the grid, then 'Updated by' and 'Updated on' will provide latest date and person name by whom it is modified.
- In updated by, if user's external ID is known/given then it will appear here otherwise user's name.
- Also, these two columns will have information about person who imports the data.
For more information on Dataset, please check this article.
Stored Procedure Execution on 'Commit' and 'Consolidate'
Step 6 : If user wants to execute stored procedure automatically on committing and on consolidating changes, then go to Data sets >> Edit dataset >> go to 3/3 page.
- On Commit (if stored procedure exists then it will invoke after commit, otherwise it will be simple commit)
- On Consolidate (if user selects one or multiple records on main grid, then 'consolidate' button will automatically appear on top. User clicks it and it will consolidate it on the basis of logic used in stored procedure call)
Uniqueness Rule Enable for Dataset
Step 7 : Uniqueness rule is now enabled for data set. User can filter out value of data set through this rule that can help user to identify common records which can be consolidated.
Step 8 : To set or view the permission for data set, go to Manage roles >> Data preparation. Here user can set the access for any other role as well.