|Step 1 (Pre-requisite)||Check and Install Java 7||
1. Open cmd and type "java -version". Upon hitting Enter, this should give Java version installed on console.
2. If Java is not installed, Download and Install java 7_u79 jdk
Note: Java7 is required for EXCEL source only. For other sources, latest Java version can be used.
|Step 2 (Required for EXCEL/EXCEL in memory only)||Install Python||
1. Install Python
|Install Python libraries||
1. To install python libraries, go to command prompt (Type "Cmd" on run)
5. Type pip install Flask, press Enter.
This will install required Python libraries on your system.
|Step 3 (Required for EXCEL only )||Install Microsoft Access database Engine 2010||
If 64 bit java is installed on system make sure to install 64 bit Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010
1. Go to www.microsoft.com and download Microsoft Access Database Engine exe file.
For more details, How to Configure EXCEL/CSV?
|Step 4||Download SAWS from DvSum||
1. Go to https://prod.dvsum.com
This folder will be the webservice root directory.
|Step 5||Update configuration.properties file with api.token||
1. Go to Administration -> Manage Account -> SAWS tab -> copy communication key
("configuration.properties" file is present in webservice root directory)
For details, Add and Install SAWS as a service
|Step 6||Install Dvsum connector||
1. Go to downloaded webservice root directory
3. DVSUM PYTHON SERVICE
|Step 7||SAWS public IP whitelisting||
In order to establish communication channel between SAWS and DvSum Web App, SAWS public IP should be white-listed on Dvsum WebApp
Add SAWS exception to your browser (Chrome, firefox etc)
1. go to DvSum homepage and click on SAWS icon on top right corner (Red cloud)
2. This will open a window asking you to add an exception for SAWS
It will take you to the web-service page which will warn you of connection not being private.
3. Click on “Show me advanced options” ->“Proceed to <<IP>>”. This is an internal company connection and it is fully secure.
For more details, Why do I need to Add exception?
Step 9 (Required for SAP only)
|Copy SAP DLLS to c:/windows/system32||
1. Go to webservice root directory ==> Sap Dependencies folder
2. make sure folder address where dll has been pasted is added to system path variable i.e
If c:\windows and c:\windows\system32 is added in path leave as it is otherwise add following String in the begining of path c:\windows;c:\windows\system32;
IF SAWS is installed on a server where outside access is restricted to specific URLs , in that case we need to whitelist following addresses on network so that saws can communicate over the network to dvsum web app
3) In order to access SAWS from DvSum Web App, Contact SAWS Server System Administrator to open the configured port on Firewall/Network level. This port is mentioned in the configuration.properties file (Step 5). By default it is set to 8183.
Advanced Articles Related to SAWS