First, identify the purpose of the chart. When you understand why you need to create a chart and with what information, you’ll be able to select the best chart type to make it more readable. There are several chart types available to you while creating a widget.
- If you want to compare things, you may choose a bar chart, line chart or list.
- If you want relationship analysis, table is the best option.
- If you want to show distribution, you may go with a column chart.
- If you want to show composition, stacked column or bar charts are preferred.
- If you want to show trends over time, a line chart is a great option.
- if you want to represent parts of a whole, a donut chart would work well.